Microsoft will officially release Windows 10 to the public on July 29, 2015. Some individuals will be able to upgrade to Microsoft’s latest operating system for free. Steps to upgrade to Windows 10 for free are below.
NOTE: You must have a supported Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 device to perform the following instructions.
- .Get to a supported Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 device to upgrade. If you recently purchased a Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 device, you should be able to follow the rest of the instructions.
- Look at the task manager (the menu at the bottom of the screen) and look for a Windows logo on the bottom right near the date and time.
- Click on the Windows logo or “Get Windows 10” icon
- A window should open up. Read and follow the instructions within the window and reserve your copy of Windows 10.
- Make sure to check your device on July 29, 2015 to install Windows 10
The above steps should help to reserve a copy of Windows 10. You can always cancel your reservation anytime before July 29th. Microsoft may also have limited copies of Windows 10 so act fast if you would like the new operating system. Windows 10 reservations are now open for those who desire the latest software from Microsoft.